I first discovered the mushroom in our backyard a month ago and as it’s grown the pattern on the mushroom cap has become a labyrinth.
One day in March I discovered these little fellows, about the size of large button mushrooms.
I started looking around and there were four ‘stands’ of mushrooms within a six-foot radius. I took shots of them with my iPhone as they grew. As the skin stretched cracks began to appear and the patterns on the caps became labyrinthine.
A week ago I could see they were drying out, which I would guess for a mushroom means they were dying.
Today I went out and took a photo of a very hard and dry ‘shroom.
Not much of a labyrinth left! As always I welcome your comments on this or any other part of my blog. I’m joining Lens and Pens by Sally’s Phoneography and Non-SLR Digital Devices Photo Challenge: Macro.
Check out some really wonderful macros…