A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.
― Leonardo da Vinci
On the 12th of this month I took 12 photos to join Meg at Move the Chair for her Take 12 project (12 photos on the 12th of each month). She has been doing this challenge since 2013. I participated in her beautiful December, Take 12 (12 photographers taking 12 photos on the 12th of December 2014). I really enjoyed it. I kept telling her I wanted to join monthly and am finally living up to it!
Here are the remaining 11 photos I took on Monday. I’ve featured so many fall landscape shots, I thought I’d go with what autumn looks like up close on the ranch. All were taken with my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and edited in Photoshop Elements and Pixlr Express.
And 5 things I learned Monday?
- I could take shots with the native phone camera using the built-in effects (never tried it before).
- It’s hard to get up from a squatting position when you’ve been taking photos at grass level.
- To be careful walking on the huge pine cones that cover the forest floor.
- There are a number of Eco-systems on the ranch.
- My dog still whines when I spend too much time in one place taking photos.
As always I am so pleased that you visited. Your comments warm my heart and put a smile in my day.